Learn and understand everything you need to know about Why Does My Baby Shake, Move, Twitch Or Vibrate In the Womb.
Why Does My Baby Shake, Move, Twitch Or Vibrate In the Womb
That first kick of your baby most especially when it is your first can be thrilling. The thought that there is a reaction inside you makes you eager to hold him or her almost immediately even though you can only hug your belly in anticipation for the actual hug.
The kicks in your womb changes rhythm as your pregnancy progresses, and this change could be a change from the regular single kick to more kicks almost as if there is a war of nations going on in the womb. I must say that the kicks can be something out of this world if you are with twins or triplets or …. But it all proves that you are with life inside of you eager to explore the world.
These kicks or movement inside you may be strange at first as you feel that they are all cuddled up inside you with no room for expression but you are definitely wrong cos they express themselves in ways you may not understand and at some point, you have a contributory effect on such movement.
Having said, let us answer some the questions that bothers on Why Does My Baby Shake, Move, Twitch Or Vibrate In the Womb? Let’s get started with the possible causes of these various movements.
What Causes Strange Womb Movements?
The various forms of expressions by your baby in the womb can can reflect in some strange womb movements you notice and feel from time to time. Your baby can express him/herself in a number of ways which include, but not limited to the following:
1. The stretching expression. This expression from your baby is likely to be felt when you are approaching your date of delivery. Your baby wants to stretch those legs and arms that are eager to step on earth’s surface and or punch the air but constrained by the limited space within caused by constant growth of the baby. You can identify stretches because its feeling is stronger than kicks, and tend not to be brief.
2. The muscle contraction expression. This is a sudden jolting movement that occurs due to your baby’s brain development. There is a reluctant response to the brain by your baby. The sudden movement of your baby’s muscle is another way your baby responds to some brain’s involuntary activities, or expresses him/herself inside you.
3. The startle expression. The greeting of Mary to Elizabeth was strong enough to make little John the Baptist leap for joy in the womb of Elizabeth. Your baby can respond to outside sound or noises by giving you a tiny jab to make you aware that he/she is still inside of you. The jab may be to tell you that you are disturbing a sound nap or to join in the celebration.
4. The hiccup, sneeze and cough expression. You may be wondering how an unborn baby can express him/herself in a hiccup. How can the baby sneeze or cough inside of you. Where did he/she contact the flu from? Is it possible for him/her to sneeze or cough, you seemed to ponder. Hiccups, sneezing and coughing of your baby in your womb is highly possible. It can be recognized through a buzzing sensation. To some, you may feel a quaking sensation in your entire body.
5. The wiggle-free sensation: You may feel a strange movement in you which may be as a result of your baby trying to get him/herself free from an entangled cord. The cord entangles your baby because it flows freely and your free-spirited baby gets looped in it. It feels as if your belly is about being stretched off its limit.
6. The food expression. You are highly contributory to this. Your baby’s expression to the food you consume is rather different from any other you may have experienced. When you consume things that are extremely cold, your baby becomes hyper active as against the hot ones. The movement to the food is always strong, and may be felt by you significantly, than at other times as it tends to last for as long as 25 minutes. [Also Read: Safety Tips for Going to the Beach While Pregnant]
These various expressions and response are possible causes and reason why your baby does shake, move, twitch or vibrate in the womb.
What Does Baby Movement say About Your Baby’s Health?
The major and probably the only sign of life from your baby in your womb is through his/her constant movement within you. It is a very common occurrence for every pregnant mom like yourself to experience your baby’s movement within you as the pregnancy progresses. It shows clearly that your baby is healthy.
There are those babies that may be quiet in the sense that they do not disturb you to a great extent, but they must make a slight movement to prove their presence within you. Those slight kicks, punches or wiggling are quite normal, and tell more of your baby’s health.
Can Baby Twitching be a seizure?
Do you have the twitching sensation that feels like a tight knot in your stomach and you are scared that your baby might be having a seizure right under your nose? I know that you are scared, but before you become hysterical, I need to tell you that fetal seizures hardly ever happen.
The twitching of your baby in your womb is not abnormal. I repeat; it is not abnormal. It is actually common among 70-30 pregnant women basically.
In cases where they do occur, it is caused by an anomaly in the congenital. If you are scared that you may have congenital anomaly or that all isn’t right with your baby’s movement within you, then you may have to visit your doctor for an immediate attention. Once you get a clear pass from your doctor which I know that you will, then feel at peace and enjoy the twitching ride of the bundle of joy within you.
Is Baby Movement During pregnancy Normal?
A visit to your doctor as the pregnancy progresses will produce a question that seeks to know if your baby actually moves within you. You need to know that the movement of your baby within you is a clear indication that all is well with your baby inside of you.
The movement of your baby is normal. The frequency and style of movement may be abnormal as it differs relatively from child to child. In a survey of 10 pregnant moms, the likelihood of a similar experience in the movement of their babies is actually slim because each pregnancy is unique in itself.
Some mom get to experience their baby move like those having a salsa dance while some feel a little jab. The experience is just unique to that pregnancy and baby. During your first pregnancy, it may have felt like a war and so you have braced yourself for another round in this particular pregnancy only to realize that this particular baby is peaceful with only a slight jab in times you decide to make a lot of noise with friends that tends to disturb his/her naps.
Your baby tends to react to your emotion as they tend to move when you are happy and calm when you are sad. This makes babies emotion reader. Though, this reaction has not been proven to be true on some moms.
Your activities during the day tend to rock your baby to sleep as against when you are not in motion or busy. You may be with a playful baby who moves around when you tap the particular position he/she is, and returns afterward for another tapping.
Is Your Baby Moving Too Much? – What does it Mean?
When your baby moves too much then it can only mean one thing; your baby is very healthy. There can never be too much of movement from your baby as movement indicates a green light. No need to be overly concerned, but more need to be grateful for a healthy baby waiting to explore the world.
How What You Eat Can Affect Baby Movement
The movement of your baby can be felt by you when the little one is 14 to 16 weeks old. Most moms experience a move in them as early as 14 weeks which is made possible by her baby’s contact with her uterine wall while those who are overweight may likely not feel it until 17 weeks.
The movement of your baby is a product of the kind of food eaten or not eaten and or exercise done. It has been observed that pregnant women feel their baby make active movement after a bout with hunger. Your baby may show sign of satisfaction after you have eaten, and thereby becomes silent or exceedingly active. Your baby can also become silent whenever you are exercising.
It must be stated categorically that the reason for your baby’s movement reaction is basically because by 14 to 16 weeks, his/her taste buds have developed due to the impact of his/her glucose level. The glucose gets to your baby through his/her navel string and therefore helps to invigorate him/her.
At this point in your unborn baby’s life, the main desire is to sample as much flavor as possible from your nutritional regime. If you eat foods that are very sweet, the activity level of your baby is increased mostly when she is about to take a nap due to the increased glucose from such food.
Moms should avoid those foods that have the tendency to reduce their sugar level as such food affects the activeness of the little one inside you. Also, you can try out cold foods sometimes as it also produces a movement reaction from your baby.
Conclusion: Why Does My Baby Shake, Move, Twitch Or Vibrate In the Womb
Baby movement in the womb is absolutely usual, and absolutely normal. It shows your baby is alive and healthy. Although certain things can affect the pattern of move, shake or vibration your baby makes, it necessary to visit your doctor from time to time to keep in check and also ensure the welfare of the baby.
Since it is normal for a baby in the womb to make some strange movement, thus, there is no need for alarm when you feel some of these movement, except for an overly strange vibrations, where you will need to seek for medical or your doctor’s attention, otherwise enjoy the sweet ride of your pregnancy and the joy that comes with the baby kicking in your womb – it is a sign of life in the baby.
Got questions on Why Does My Baby Shake, Move, Twitch Or Vibrate In the Womb? Use the comment section below!